Outside USA order from AMAZON
Every aspiring symphonic tubist should own this book.
- Performance tips for 100 essential symphonic works.
- 277 primary tuba audition passages are presented clearly and accurately.
- The errors present in the original tuba parts have been carefully corrected in the included excerpts and listed for quick reference.
- Some passages are presented a second time with notated interpretation.
- Practice techniques—including exercises and reference to appropriate etudes—are included.
- Suggestions on size and key of instrument for every excerpt.
- Biographical information on every composer.
- Passages requiring memorization are highlighted.
- Performance information is included for music that cannot be printed in this book due to copyright restrictions.
- Spiral bound
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very impressive book.
Great resource for learning more about the music and not just becoming an "excerpt machine". Looking forward to using with my students and for my own performances.
I learned more in 5 min. with this book than I could with any other excerpt book in 5 hours! No matter what other books you have, this is a must have for all serious tuba players.
If there was only one orchestral excerpt publication that my University of North Texas tuba students could own and use for practice, it would definitely be your "The One Hundred".
I would give this 6 stars if I could. Every excerpt is clear and easy to read. Jacobs comments contain very important information.