Every aspiring symphonic tubist should own this book.
- Performance tips for 100 essential symphonic works.
- 277 primary tuba audition passages are presented clearly and accurately.
- The errors present in the original tuba parts have been carefully corrected in the included excerpts and listed for quick reference.
- Some passages are presented a second time with notated interpretation.
- Practice techniques—including exercises and reference to appropriate etudes—are included.
- Suggestions on size and key of instrument for every excerpt.
- Biographical information on every composer.
- Passages requiring memorization are highlighted.
- Performance information is included for music that cannot be printed in this book due to copyright restrictions.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great compilation of excerpts with helpful annotations. I have the hard copy in my library at home, and the PDF version makes it possible for me to have it with me at all times.