Unique and comprehensive, this is the benchmark orchestral excerpt book for trombone.
Megumi Kanda, renowned artist and principal trombonist of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, offers expert advise and insight for aspiring trombonists.
- Performance instructions for 100 essential symphonic works.
- 340 primary trombone audition passages are presented clearly and accurately.
- The errors present in the original trombone parts have been carefully corrected in the included excerpts and listed for quick reference.
- Composer biographical information by Charles Greenwell and Byron Hanson.
- Passages requiring memorization are highlighted.
Red Dragonfly, by composer Amy Riebs Mills, premiered by Megumi Kanda, trombone, and Yien Wang, piano, at the 2013 International Trombone Festival. Sheet music is available at amymillsmusic.com
Megumi Kanda p...Red Dragonfly, by composer Amy Riebs Mills, premiered by Megum...
Megumi Kanda p...World Premiere performance of Suite for Trombone and Piano by ...
The best ever
Posted by JA on 10th May 2016
I have never seen a better excerpt book for any instrument than this book for trombone. Megumi Kanda has set the bar very high with this book.
Posted by Unknown on 28th Apr 2016
This book is terrific. There really isn't much to say about it other than it's an amazing tool to help introduce you to orchestral pieces that are essential for every trombonist to know.